Rules For Patriots: How Conservatives Can Win Again, by Steve Deace with Forward by David Limbaugh. Purchase Your Copy.

Radio shows

Something Wicked, This Way Comes

By Steve Deace

The know-it-alls told us Newt Gingrich was unelectable because of his adulterous affairs that led to two divorces. The know-it-alls told us Rick Santorum was unelectable because his social conservatism is outside the American mainstream. The know-it-alls  told us Ron Paul was unelectable because of his libertarian views, and even tried to tie him to some racist letters.

So the know-it-alls told us we had to nominate Mitt Romney, because he was the only one pristine enough to beat President Obama. Since we can obviously trust the know-it-alls, we can trust they will have a ready defense for the video you can watch below:

That video is a powerful piece of propaganda. And I’m seeing it all over Facebook among my own Facebook friends, and you can probably guess about 80% of my Facebook friends think Jim DeMint isn’t conservative enough.

So if my Facebook friends are taking this video viral on social media, imagine what the other side is going to do with it. And then imagine how undecided voters who don’t yet know Mitt Romney — and the only thing they know about Mormons is they dread them knocking on their door — are going to react to it.

And this video is just the beginning.

Some of President Obama’s most ardent supporters represent the “New Left” folks like David Horowitz have been warning us about. These are not folks content with having government even the odds for the little guy like a Harry Truman or a Bill Clinton. These are true social reconstructionists, who oppose every foundation America was founded upon. Their greatest desire is to take us back to the failure of Western Europe from whence we came.

Since these people have no respect for any aspect of Americana, you can bet they will do whatever scorched earth tactic it takes to win this fall — including using videos like this.

I don’t know how much of the things alleged in this video are true. I’m not a trained theologian. I just play one on the radio. I know a lot about the origins of Mormonism and its theological and historical claims, and I don’t believe them nor find them credible which is why I’m not a Mormon.

But some of the other things alleged here are new to even a theological nerd like me, which means they’ll be breaking news to most Americans as well. Many of those are our friends and neighbors who haven’t even formed a real opinion of Romney yet, and videos like this could be used to define him.

Especially when some of the devastating clips in this video come from well-known media like Good Morning America and 60 Minutes. Evangelicals may recognize well-respected Christian thinker and broadcaster John Ankerberg.  The video even features a clip of prosperity gospel preacher Rod Parsley, one of the mainstays on one of the world’s largest Christian television networks TBN, referring to Mormons as “racists.”

Emboldened by the Right back in 2008 exposing all of the anti-American sermons from President Obama’s former pastor Jeremiah Wright, the social reconstructionists who see another four years of Obama as their best chance to put the Constitution through the paper shredder are going to have a field day with videos like this.

But I’m sure the know-it-alls have it all figured out, so there’s nothing for those of us concerned about what a second Obama term might look like to fear. After all, if there’s one group we know we can rely on in the heat of battle, it’s the know-it-alls. I’m sure neither Romney, nor any of the conservatives we got elected in the 2010 mid-terms that are up for re-election this year, have anything to worry about from videos like this.

On second thought, I shouldn’t have even written this article, given the phenomenal track record of success the know-it-alls who gave us the Pax Romana of President Dole and President McCain. I’m sorry to have even alerted you.

What, me worry?

Discussion

8 Responses to Something Wicked, This Way Comes

1. Paul Hays says:

Maybe we can hope for more change?

2. Kuyperdog says:

Deace is right-THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING! Romney knows all this is true and has no answer to the American people and especially to the African-American people for this outrageous black racism that actually makes God the greatest racist of all time by pronouncing black skin the evidence of a “curse” for living “less than valiant”- according to Mormon doctrine- in a pre-existent life!

Read the shocking words of Brigham Young on black skin: “Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed and that would have put a termination to that line of humamn beings this was not to be and the Lord put a mark upon him which is the flat nose and black skin”!!!!! (Mormon Journal of Discourses,vol. 7 pp.290-291)

(Brigham Young who said:”I have never yet preached a sermon and sent it out to the children of men, that they may not call scripture”)

Then America, look at this video and article of Mitt Romney on April 2, 2012 the day befoe the Wisconsin primary actually having his staff CUT OFF THE MIKE of a voter in Wisconsin who is trying to ask him about the Mormon black acism! Romney’s staff then takes the mike from this voter!
    ROMNEY IS PUTTING THE GOP AT GREAT RISK!
    The doctrine of the “curse”of black skin has never been recanted removed!
    I AM A CONSERVATIVE AND I CAN”T SUPPOIRT THIS!

3. Vunderkint says:

It makes me wonder what these people that are supporting and voting for Romney in the primary are thinking since all this information and more was available and out there in 2008, is it the charm and charisma of a bunko artist or what? It makes you want to grab them and shake them the stupid electoral decisions you made last presidential race is being eclipsed by the Galactic mistake they are making now embracing Republican establishment liberal candidate Romney. When are these people ever going to learn?

The only upside I can see from Romney losing to Obama is that we will finally be rid of him for good! Along with vast quantities of we told you so’s and next time don’t go off half cocked falling for the banana in your tailpipe again, because clearly your decision-making paradigm isn’t working!

4. GratefulOne says:

Ok, Harry Reid and all the other Mormons in our government have some ‘splanning to do, right?
    Supposedly, we are not to consider religious beliefs as a litmus test for any leadership position in gov’t. A self-confessed Socialist (atheist?) and Muslim were elected to the US House.  As far as Mormonism is concerned, I had an uncle & his family that were Mormon, when they declare that Jesus & Satan were ‘brothers’, I had all I needed to know.
    The fact they also promoted polygamy so a man could build his earthly family to rule over on his planet in the ‘next life’ told me it was pretty retarded and self-centered (for males); elements of L. Ron Hubbard’s religion, *Scientology.* -we are destined for inter-galactic influences and existences.
    Obama’s upbringing was influenced by Islam and Black Theology – any church that places more importance on Africa than Jesus may have some basic problems in my view. (Read the Rev. Wright’s church declaration).
    So, were do we begin and end to measure the candidate’s personal “instability” to believe such nonsense? (Let’s not even start with other religions/faiths – Christians and Jews belief in “fairy-tales” as some believe).
    My point now? If you stay home because of Mitt’s belief system = Obama’s reelection. I believe we will clearly see what his belief system(s) REALLY are and we’ll all pay dearly for allowing them to manifest it’s cancer on our society & government policies.
    In summation: a goofy Mormon belief is a lot less dangerous to this country than all that Obama believes!

5. Everhawk says:

Steve:  I must ask.  In 2008, you pretty much single handedly destroyed any chance Mitt Romney had in Iowa.   That opened the door for McCain to lose to Barry Soterro.   Now, your candidate, Mike Huckabee, endorsed Mitt.    Must feel a bit strange now??

6. A M says:

Not the spokesman of his faith, but he should be able to tell us what he personally believes.

7. Perhaps this will assist in that “lack of theology” area ….

Helpful link to help Christians understand Mormonism’s differences with Christianity. http://carm.org/mormonism

“Mormonism, also known as the Church of Jesus Christ
    of Latter-day Saints, claims to be the restoration of the true gospel
    and a revelation of the true God. Find out about its teachings of men
    becoming gods, temples, the Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith who claimed
    to have seen God the Father.”
    God bless.

8. Pearl says:

Get the Rino’s out or Third Party…. The Leadership is a disgrace. Lions eating their own cubs. Cowards when it comes to standing for righteousness. It’s all about the next election. Well, let’s make sure they get a pick slip. Unless the face of the party changes I will not be voting. No more lesser of 2 evils. EVIL is EVIL according to GOD and I’m on his side.