The Slow Bloodless Coup
by Dr. David Berman
Throughout history there have been many revolutions. Most of the time, they are bloody and involve internal fighting, insurgencies, or outright civil war. For the last 80 or so years we have been living in a slow bloodless coup. Slowly, culturally, and systematically we have been experiencing this in the proverbial old “frog in a pot” scenario in which our entire basis of philosophical thought has been captured and slowly thrown in prison. In every institution including much of the Church, the coup has taken place in front of our very eyes.
How has this happened? It happened through generations neglecting their responsibility to teach the next generation the principles of liberty. The Constitution is often portrayed as some sort of difficult document that needs “professors” and “Constitutional experts” to interpret for the average citizen. It is not. It is a very strait forward document that anyone can understand. Over time the citizenry simply stopped caring about knowing, understanding, and passing on the principles of liberty to future generations and instead relied upon the “experts” to tell us what is and is not “constitutional.” This neglect has had grave consequences starting with F.D.R. who instituted massive federal government control with his so called “New Deal” socialist Trojan horse. This mindset continued as we get to the 1960’s and President Johnson comes up with his misnamed “war on poverty” big government socialist economic enslavement policies. Particularly since Johnson, we have been in a steady decline concerning personal liberty and responsibility. This has slowly turned us into a culture of entitlement as our young people believe they deserve a living for just showing up. Some believe they deserve a living even if they do not show up.
The leftist, big government Marxists have largely won this bloodless coup over time because they systematically convinced large amounts of the population through controlling education, entertainment, and the news media, that socialism is “fair.” They do not call it socialism, they call is “social justice.”
There has been a death of logic, and a death of common sense. Our culture is now motivated not by long term principled thinking but rather by short term gain that leads to long term loss. Our tyrannical President Obama, has made it clear that he wants to, as he put it, “fundamentally change America.” His idea of changing America is quite clear. He desires a nanny state in which the power is in the hands of the government elite rather than in the hands of the individual citizens. He desires to place as many people as he can under the enslavement of government power in order to fundamentally change us from an individual liberty and responsibility society to a collectivist society (otherwise known as Marxist).
People often scoff at those of us who call President Obama a socialist/Marxist however the facts speak clearly. The definition of socialism is:
This is exactly what President Obama believes in. Does anyone doubt that if given the chance, he would nationalize everything he could? President Obama is not just a man that is in over his head, he knows exactly what he is doing. He wants America to no longer be a free enterprise, individual liberty, limited government society. He wants Marxist theory to prevail in America and that is what Obama Care is really all about. Once the government can control your healthcare, they can tell you what to do in everything since they can express their “right” to govern your every more because as they put it; “The commerce clause gives us this power.” If the government uses the commerce clause to govern your healthcare, they can then regulate everything you do because everything you do can be related to your possible need for healthcare. There has been a long train of abuses by the federal government. For many years they have confiscated land, taxed without equal protection under the law, ruled with an iron fist and the power of their agencies. Interfered with private contracts, and used the intimidation of their power against the individual. The presidents have abused their authority. Article I, Section 1 of the United States Constitution is concise in its language:
“All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.”
Rather than being a representative Republic where our representatives legislate under the strict limited powers of the Constitution, we have Presidential power like a king who can use so called “executive orders” to pronounce just about any decree any president wishes. Here are some examples:
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
Shocked yet? Here are some more:
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 12148 created the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) that is to interface with the Department of Defense for civil defense planning and funding. An “emergency czar” was appointed. FEMA has only spent about 6 percent of its budget on national emergencies, the bulk of their funding has been used for the construction of secret underground facilities to assure continuity of government in case of a major emergency, foreign or domestic.
- EXECUTIVE ORDER 12656 appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and granted the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry.
Because of the natural tendencies of people in positions of authority to power grab, our nation has always had those who wanted more power than the Constitution granted them. From President Andrew Jackson who tried to use executive powers to force the law-abiding Cherokee Nation off their ancestral lands, to President Lincoln who used executive orders to suspend trial rights and closed down newspapers. Many presidents have used so called executive orders to usurp the power of the people and dictate what they wanted like a king. “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” Now we have all three branches of government who simply ignore the Constitution.
Yes a coup has taken place slowly. The usurpation of rights has happened. It is no longer the America that our founders envisioned and left to posterity. The Declaration of Independence says:
“But when a long train of abuses and usurpation’s, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security”
We Americans must wake up and throw off this tyranny. If we do not it will be future generations that suffer even more despotism, and they will lament our unwillingness to protect our heritage of liberty that we have the responsibility to pass on to them. Obama must go, the Democrats must go, and the Republican establishment must go! We must forge a new movement that will not settle for the “lesser of two evils” because the lesser of two evils is still evil!
Indeed there has been a slow bloodless coup that has overthrown our Constitution. I fear that only a bloody one will restore the principles of liberty to our beloved country. My fellow patriots; speak out, teach, stand for liberty, and do not allow those in both parties to play you any longer. Stand up and say it “Don’t tread on me!” and “No king but Jesus!”
Dr. David M. Berman is the author of Wake Up and Smell the Truth! To find out more about his ministry, click here.