Morning Briefing: August 20, 2012
by Jen Green
Does the Government own 3.5 out of every ten votes? I suppose that’s one way of looking at it. This article from Newsmax quotes Investors Business Daily saying, “In the second quarter of last year, 107 million Americans were receiving some kind of government welfare — not including Medicare or Social Security — according to a study from the Senate Budget Committee . . . Given that the 2010 Census showed the nation with a population of 308 million, the 107 million getting government assistance now comprise 35 percent of the total population.”
And the “rich” that Obama and his regime continue to vilify? According to IBD, they pay nearly 70% of all taxes collected by our government, while almost half of Americans pay no taxes . . . while still receiving government “personal” assistance such as housing, food, student aid, etc.
The divide keep getting bigger and bigger . . .
We’ve said many times on our show that our country is becoming increasingly polarized. This short Washington Post video claims that gulf is a partisan one. They point out that 28% of the Republican Party are tea partiers–and are both socially and fiscally conservative but want smaller government. Combined with the 4% they call “pro-government” conservatives, these numbers from the Kaiser Family Foundation and WaPo have just 32% of Republicans strongly conservative on the social issues. If these numbers are to be believed, that’s just a third of the party that actually believes in its platform.
Meaning . . . 68% do not.
Contrast that with the Democrat party in which this study claims 53% of them (Urban liberals and the agnostic left) are socially liberal–meaning they are strongly for abortion and “homosexual marriage.”
Meaning 47% are not.
A 10,000 foot view of those numbers points to a chasm for sure–but it’s within the parties themselves, not between the two.
Todd Starnes from Fox News said it best last night on his Twitter and Facebook accounts: ”We don’t have a Republican or Democrat party problem . . . we have a morality problem.”
Will America stand by our ally?
While Iran has been making considerable headway on their nuclear program, the Obama regime continues to contradict and patronize Israel on the necessity and efficacy of an Israeli strike against them. Could it be that this administration wants to push any strike until after the election . . . making it either Romney’s problem or Obama’s opportunity to throw our political ally under the bus while further kowtowing to the Muslim world?