Mom says child ate condom in McDonald’s play area
This Week’s Sign the Apocalypse is Upon Us
by Rebekah Maxwell
Need more proof that frequenting McDonald’s is harmful to your health?
An Illinois mother is suing the fast food franchise for medical bills after her child allegedly “ate a used condom he found in the play area of one of the chain’s Chicago restaurants.”
The mother alleges the 2-year-old coughed up a piece of the condom and that both children required medical treatment.
The suit accuses McDonald’s of failing to remove harmful debris from an area used by children.
McDonald’s said it was investigating the case. It added in a statement that “providing a safe, clean environment is a top priority.”
So many questions…
- How can I ever look at Ronald McDonald’s visage again?
- A children’s play place = the last place I’d now let my children play. Is that irony, or just unfortunate?
- Why didn’t McDonald’s address this quietly? (The mother apparently tried to settle out of court for months.) A headline like this makes them a loser automatically, no matter the outcome in court.
- If every piece of over-reaching, undermining, pocket-picking, culture-crushing legislation we enact is ostensibly “for the children,” why hasn’t the government been able to stop cases like this? Why are our children still in danger?
- What new over-reaching, undermining etc. legislation will be enacted to further this futile premise that we can all achieve our essential goodness if we’re forced…er, shown the way by Big Brother Guv’ment?
- How much is said legislation going to cost me?
SO many questions. Just one reaction.